Static & Retail Security Course 4N20604 (CEEDS Clondalkin)
What is Involved?
This Training Course qualification provides learners with the training requirements, determined to apply for the Private Security Authority Licence as a Static Security Guard. This course provides learners with 30 hours of directed learning and 70 hours of self-directed learning programme.
This is a 4-day course, please ensure to check the course dates below!
After completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Define the key purpose of the security industry
- Identify the key players in the security industry
- Define what is meant by “professional development”
- State the main objectives of a security officer
- List the qualities of a security officer
- Explain the importance of assignment instructions
- Explain the different types of patrol, their importance and checks that should be made
- Identify actions to be taken before starting a patrol
- Explain the importance of vigilance and knowledge
- Define the purpose of access control
- List different methods of providing access control Identify typical related duties to be performed in a reception area at a gate house
- List the conditions that have to be in placing before a search can be carried out.
- Explain a security officer’s right of search
- State the actions to be taken in the event of a refusal to be searched
- Describe typical search documentation
- State the actions to be taken when property is found
- Explain how security systems can help security officers in their job
- Explain how to deal with an emergency using the 4Cs
- Describe the correct use of radios
- State the basic techniques to be used in report writing
- Explain different types of communication
- Explain the procedures to be taken following an arrest
Static & Retail Security Couse Dates: 12th, 13th, 14th, 26th of April.